Last night saw the second round of the print competition on the set subject of Life on the streets Judge: Tim Morland ARPS.
|Winner of the 2012 Brugfina Trophy|
I was surprised at the lack of entries in the standard class. The photographs scoring 10 from both classes were judged and the Brugfina Trophy awarded to the best of these.
Members evening 26 April
In Hughes absence the meeting will be lead by Richard Weston. There will be a series on mini presentations :-
- Enrico - Lenses used in novel ways.
- Fred - Black & white
- John H - Photo Inspirations
- John R - Elementary Elements
- Chris - Macro and Fungi
- Roland - Elements again
My presentation on Black and White will explain the work flow I use produce black and white images using Photoshop and feature practical demonstrations
Following week 3rd of May
Photojournalism in Afghanistan Alison Baskerville. Alison has recently been working with a Combat Camera Team in Afghanistan. She shares her images, experiences and thoughts on working as a photographer in challenging situations.
Entry forms are available and have been emailed to members.
The closing date for entries is 10th of May
These are the Club rules specific to the annual Exhibition taken from the Club website
“Annual Exhibition for prints, slides and digital images
- Competition date(s): first week of July
- Closing date: early May
- Classes: open prints, enprints, open slides and open digital images
- Categories: landscape, nature, pictorial, portrait (prints only) and record
Rules relating to images:
- image may not be submitted both as print and slide and to be entered in single category only (pictorial if in doubt)
- nature and record images to be true record, without manipulation and excluding cultivated plant, still life, domestic animal or mounted specimen
- duplication from previous Annual Exhibition not allowed
- age of image: maximum 5 years prior to closing date for entries
- Number of images per member: maximum 6 per open class or 2 enprint panels of 3 images on a theme
- Presentation: as for Internal League Competition
- Labelling: as for Internal League Competition except (i) slides to show category on front (ii) class not required
- Judging: entirely in advance by club's selected Exhibition Judge
- Awards: various trophies (6 for open prints, 5 for open slides and 1 for enprints) plus Highly Commended Certificates at judge's discretion”
Strange But True
German garbage men turn dumpster into a pinhole camera